Introduction: fragment of
letter from Ministry of Environment
Protection of 04.11.97
"According to art. 8 ust. 1 pkt. 6 of the Statute dated 18th of April
inland fisheries, it is forbidden to fish with electric tools not conforming
with valid standards.
The valid one in this matter is the Branch Standard BN-74/919701 "Electric
equipment in fishery. Equipment for fishing and barriers for fish way in
However, it does not exclude usage of electric equipment supplied with alternate
The electric fishing equipment presently used in inland fishery is
supplied with direct current creating electric field, which causes only
electronarcosis effect of short
duration, depending on fish total lenght"
I have read this standard and drawn following conclusions:
A. Standard BN-74/9197-01 does not contain:
- 1. Description of sample designs.
- 2. Parameters of current depending on various applications, as killing
fish, barriers, electronarcosis.
- 3. Parameters of current depending on lenght of fish.
- 4. Program of environmental researches, controlling size of dangerous
zone, and effects of electricity to another organisms (see below - B.5).
B. Standard BN-74/9197-01 does contain:
- 1. Maximal nominal power: for portable equipment - 5kVA, for pemanent
design - without limits (p.3.2).
- 2. Maximal nominal voltage of energy source: 250V-500V depending on kind
of current and equipment (p.3.3).
- 3. Maximal nominal output voltage 250V-1000V depending on kind of current
and equipment (p.3.3).
- 4. Prohibition of using power network, both high and low voltage as electric
- 5. Definition of zone with danger of electric shock as area not bigger,
than in distance of 15m from electrodes creating electric field in water
(p.1.3.15). (see above - A.4.)
- 6. Program of electric installation control from labour security point
- 7. Program of mechanical control, it means stability and impact resistance.
poczatkowej / to begin page